Chinese Digital Archive 1966-1976
Scholarly Information Services/The Library at ANU, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
"[...] The material selected for inclusion in this database have been in the first instance from the Cultural Revolution period. However, additional materials from outside this time-frame which are relevant to the events of the Cultural Revolution are also being included. Although most of the material is held in the Library, some material is held in private collections by academic staff at the ANU, who have been willing to have their materials included in the database. As part of its on-going committment to this project, Scholarly Information Services/The Library is working towards seeking additional international contributing partners who also hold relevant material on the Cultural Revolution period."
"Language: Chinese (GB), English (Metadata). This interesting database currently (29 Jan 2005) contains 226 documents, comprising text documents and about 30 photographs, mostly from the Menzies Asian Special Collection. The documents are pdf scans of speeches and addresses, many hand-written. This is probably why no text is available in full-text, a major draw back of the database. Consequently, the search is limited to the metadata, which one would wish to be even more detailed. 'Title' (in pinyin), 'Subject', 'Description', and 'Creator' are the searchable fields, with each word in the Description field linked to the search-function. Users can mark single items as Favourite, lists of these Favourites are generated in html and may be mailed or put online. Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing PDF files needed. - ma."
(1) Home (with 'General information about this site'); (2) Browse; (3) Search (All fields; Title field; Subject field; Description field); (4) My Favourites; (5) Help.
Link reported by:
Matthias Arnold, forwarded by Hanno Lecher / Internet Guide for Chinese Studies (email@example.com)
* Resource type [news - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - govt. - library/museum - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000 - under 300 - under 100 - under 30]:
Please note that the above details were correct on 13 October 2005. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at firstname.lastname@example.org