Bhutan - Election Commission website
23 Jun 2006
Election Commission, Thimphu, Bhutan
"[T]his will be the principal site for documents, laws, rules and regulations, reports, and detailed statistics for the projected parliamentary elections to be held in Bhutan in early 2008 (the date as not yet been announced but will be before mid-2008, as 'the new parliament' is to have the task of approving Bhutan's Tenth Five-Year Plan at that time (the Ninth FYP has been extended by one year to end in June 2008).
The Election Commission website at present contains a translation of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck's kasho establishing the Commission (in accordance with the 2nd public draft of Bhutan's proposed constitution), a proposed organisation chart for the Commission, and an interactive map of Bhutan and its districts which will be the basis for more detailed data (eg electoral district boundaries) in the months to come. Citizens, when registered on the forthcoming electoral roll, will also be able to check the roll on-line.
A formal Electoral Act is to be discussed and adopted by Bhutan's National Assembly at its projected 86th session in November 2006. - bcs."
* Home; * Rules; * Elections; * Maps; * Voters; * Faq; * Forms; * Kasho from His Majesty; * Message from the CEC; * Organization (Proposed Structure, Staff In Positions, News, Announcements, Links, Orders & Notification, Press Release, Photo Gallery).
Internet Archive (www.archive.org)
[the site was not archived at the time of this abstract]
Link reported by:
Brian C. Shaw (bcjshaw--at--hkucc.hku.hk)
* Resource type [news - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - government - library - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 -
under 1,000 - under 300 - under 100 - under 30]: under 300
Please note that the above details were correct on the day of their publication. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at email@example.com