Books in Chinese Propaganda Posters [1952-1994]
Stefan Landsberger/Hanno E. Lecher, Institute of Chinese Studies, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
"'To Read Too Many Books is Harmful' (Mao Zedong) Books in Chinese Propaganda Posters: Objects of Veneration, Subjects of Destruction. An exhibition at the Libraries of the Sinological Institute, Leiden University 7 December 2004 - 30 June 2005."
"The posters are displayed as thumbnail as well as larger jpg-file and include the name of designer, year and place of publication (sometimes with some details about circulation etc.), a translation of the text contained, and some notes on content and context, written by Stefan Landsberger (who also wrote the introduction) - hl."
(1) Introduction; (2) Posters [26 posters, 1952-1994 - ed.]
Internet Archive (www.archive.org)
[the site was not archived at the time of this abstract]
Link reported by:
Hanno E. Lecher / Internet Guide for ChinaStudies (h.e.lecher@)let.leidenuniv.nl)
* Resource type [news - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - govt. - library/museum - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000 - under 300 - under 100 - under 30]:
Please note that the above details were correct on 13 October 2005. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at firstname.lastname@example.org