Bhutan - Draft constitution
Government of Bhutan, Thimpu, Bhutan
"The draft constitution of Bhutan can be downloaded in PDF format at [the URL below]:
Kuensel, the newspaper of Bhutan, has prepared the discussion forum of the constitution [at]
* Constitution (Preamble, Articles, Glossary, Royal Command, Background, Chronology, Meeting, Speeches, News, Photo Gallery, Policies); * Members; * Sources; * Making; * Archives; * Consultation; * Comments.
Articles: Article 1 - Kingdom of Bhutan; Article 2 - The Institution of Monarchy; Article 3 - Spiritual Heritage; Article 4 - Culture; Article 5 - Environment; Article 6 - Citizenship; Article 7 - Fundamental Rights; Article 8 - Fundamental Duties; Article 9 - Principles of State Policy; Article 10 - Parliament; Article 11 - The National Council; Article 12 - The National Assembly; Article 13 - Passing of Bills; Article 14 - Finance, Trade and Commerce; Article 15 - Political Parties; Article 16 - Public Campaign Financing; Article 17 - Formation of Government; Article 18 - The Opposition Party; Article 19 - Interim Government; Article 20 - The Executive; Article 21 - The Judiciary; Article 22 - Local Governments; Article 23 - Elections; Article 24 - The Royal Audit Authority; Article 25 - The Royal Civil Service Commission; Article 26 - The Anti-Corruption Commission; Article 27 - Defence; Article 28 - The Attorney General; Article 29 - The Pay Commission; Article 30 - Holders of Constitutional Offices; Article 31 - Impeachment; Article 32 - National Referendum; Article 33 - Emergency; Article 34 - Amendment & Authoritative Text; First Schedule - The National Flag and the National Emblem of Bhutan; Second Schedule - The National Anthem of Bhutan; Third Schedule - Oath or Affirmation of Office; Fourth Schedule - Oath or Affirmation of Secrecy.
A bilingual site in Dzongkha and English - ed.
Link reported by:
Mizuno Mitsuaki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Resource type [news - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - govt. - library/museum - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000 - under 300 - under 100 - under 30]:
Please note that the above details were correct on 13 October 2005. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at email@example.com