Harappa: The Ancient Indus Valley and the British Raj in India and Pakistan
25 Sep 2008
www.harappa.com, San Francisco, CA, US.
"The story of the ancient Indus Valley and glimpses of India and Pakistan before 1947 during the Raj. Old photographs, rare archival film footage and long unseen media from before independence in India and Pakistan in 2,000 photo pages."
* Images [over 770 photographs from 1845-1947 including those by Samuel Bourne 1863-1869, Fred Bremner 1883-1923, John Sache 1865-1883, William Henry Jackson 1898-1899, lithographs, wood engraving, and French, Indian, German and British postcards from 1900-1947];
* Mohenjodaro [103 indexed images];
* Movies [QuickTime format: excerpts from archival newsreels from Universal and The March of Time];
* Sounds [RealAudio & MP3 format: the voices of Gandhi, Jinnah and Nehru. Interviewees include the fiction writer Attia Hosain, the Pushtun poet Ghani Khan, the Princess of Bhopal Abida Sultaan, and the veteran Punjabi politician Syed Amjad Ali];
* Indus Valley [The latest archaeological discoveries about Indus civilization];
* Bazaar [an online shop];
* The Complete Harappa Excavation Reports 1986-1990.
Internet Archive http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.harappa.com/
Link reported by: Omar Khan (omar--at--harappa.com)
* Resource type [news - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - govt. - library/museum - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000
- under 300 - under 100 - under 30]: under 3,000
Please note that the above details were correct on the day of their publication. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at email@example.com