Epigraphia Indica / Carnatica / Birmanica / Moslemica - free e-books
01 Sep 2008
The Universal Library Project, The Internet Archive, San Francisco, CA, US
"[...] I would like to suggest a report on www.archive.org This site [i.e. The Universal Library, with 31,382 items in early Sep 2009 - ed.] while heavily dominated by Western popular culture, but it also contains gems like an uploaded set of much of _Epigraphia Indica_ which seems to have been scanned and put up by Dr Z.A. Desai, a retired Director of the Archaeological Survey of India. - sg."
* Epigraphia Birmanica - Umya - Downloads: 167.
* Epigraphia Indica - Downloads: 1,821.
* Epigraphia Carnatica Vol 16 - Nilakanta Sastri - Downloads: 690.
* Epigraphia Indica Vol 5 - Desai, Z.A - Downloads: 1,356.
* Epigraphia Indica Vol 7 - Desai, Z.A - Downloads: 368.
* Epigraphia Indica Vol 9 - Dasia, Z.A [sic] - Downloads: 820.
* Epigraphia Indica Vol 10 - Dasia, Z.A [sic] - Downloads: 1,047.
* Epigraphia Indica Vol 11 - Dasia, Z.A [sic] - Downloads: 1,169.
* Epigraphia Indica Vol 13 - Dasia, Z.A [sic] - Downloads: 1,264.
* Epigraphia Indo - Moslemica - G.Yazdani - Downloads: 231.
* Epigraphia Carnatica Vol 3 - B. Lewis Rice - Downloads: 418.
* Epigraphia Indica Arbic [sic] And Persian Supplement 1973 - Desai, Z.A - Downloads: 215.
* Epigraphia Indica Arbic [sic] And Persian Supplement 1973 - Desai, Z.A - Downloads: 231.
["About the Internet Archive - The Internet Archive is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that was founded to build an Internet library. Its purposes include offering permanent access for researchers, historians, scholars, people with disabilities, and the general public to historical collections that exist in digital format. Founded in 1996 and located in the Presidio of San Francisco, the Archive has been receiving data donations from Alexa Internet and others. In late 1999, the organization started to grow to include more well-rounded collections. Now the Internet Archive includes texts, audio, moving images, and software as well as archived web pages in our collections."]
Internet Archive (www.archive.org) - as above.
Link reported by: Sumit Guha (sguha--at--history.rutgers.edu)
* Resource type [news/comments - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - govt. - library/museum - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000
- under 300 - under 100 - under 30]: under 30
Please note that the above details were correct on the day of their publication. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at email@example.com