Bibliography of Japanese History up to 1912
29 Jan 2009
Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, University of Cambridge, UK.
"This is a completely revised edition of a bibliography of Japanese history up to the end of the Meiji period which I compiled in 1996 and which was made available to interested parties in a soft cover for a nominal fee. There is no copyright attached to it, and you may print it out or use it in any way you wish. Please send any corrections or additions to me at : pk104--at--cam.ac.uk
Latest update: 9 May 2008. Peter Kornicki, University of Cambridge."
* Preface; * Abbreviations & coverage; * Bibliographies and General works; * Pre-Heian; * Heian; * Medieval; * Foreign relations: 1200-1800; * Tokugawa political history; * Tokugawa social history; * Tokugawa economic history; * Tokugawa intellectual history; * Meiji Restoration; * Foreign relations 1800-1900; * Meiji political history; * Meiji social history; * Meiji economic history; * Meiji intellectual history; * Meiji military history and colonialism.
[In 2004 the bibliography resided on a now defunct http://www.oriental.cam.ac.uk/jbib/bibtitle.html address - ed.]
Internet Archive http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ames.cam.ac.uk/jbib/bibtitle.html
Link reported by: T. Matthew Ciolek (tmciolek--at--coombs.anu.edu.au)
* Resource type [news - documents - study - corporate info. - online guide]:
* Publisher [academic - business - government - library/museum - NGO - other]:
* Scholarly usefulness [essential - v.useful - useful - interesting - marginal]:
* External links to the resource [over 3,000 - under 3,000 - under 1,000
- under 300 - under 100 - under 30]: under 30
Please note that the above details were correct on the day of their publication. To suggest an update, please email the site's editor at firstname.lastname@example.org